Tuesday, May 17, 2011

On to Abiquiu and Ghost Ranch with the iPhone


Sunday May 8th I made my usual walk around Santa Fe making images with the iPhone, so easy to carry around in the pocket. The image above was put together in the app Diptic, after processing each image individually. New Mexico is such a wonderful blend of Spanish influence and American Indian influence, both wonderful art styles combining tiles and shapes and design.
Old Library in Santa Fe..assembled separate images in Diptic app
On the way to Abiquiu I spotted a collection of old trucks behind a chain link fence in La Puebla. I pulled off the highway and tried to make some compositions through the fence with the iPhone. I don't think I could have come away with a shot using the big camera. This image was processed with the app Dynamic light. I used the Orton option and the Dynamic Light option at various strengths and then blended the two images in Iris to get the desired effect.





















After shooting the trucks I headed on to Abiquiu on the Old Taos Highway. I stopped first in the community library and asked about making some images with my iPhone as I wanted to respect the community. I was told it would be OK. I also met and conversed with a couple who were doing genealogical research using the church records held in the library files. After enjoying some conversation I walked past the O'Keeffe property and on up the dirt road to the Morada del Alto.  I also made an image of a large handmade pot outside the local school.














After Leaving Abiquiu I drove into the Ghost Ranch now a retreat center of The Presbyterian Church, and made some images in the Ghost House, which is always open. It is the original home of Georgia O'Keeffe in New Mexico where she lived while she was trying to purchase her final home in Abiquiu.
It was a great day in New Mexico!

1 comment: