Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Fells Point Workshop

Captured 6x6 Processed: Shock my pic: ImageBlender: ModernGrunge
Sunday morning in Fells Point is quiet. The old piers that have been converted into sidewalks stretching out into the harbor are empty. Its a great time to make images in the early morning. As an instructor in the field, I usually don't carry my camera as I spend my time helping students, but occasionally the iPhone comes out to make some quick grab shots, or to show a potential composition to a student. This past Sunday we were lucky there was a tug in port and it was painted red and green.
Capture: 6x6 Processed: Snapseed
As the morning came on the sun broke out and the water began to sparkle with the gentle wind blowing the water.
Capture 6x6 Processed: AutoPainter: Snapseed: ImageBlender
After shooting around the harbor we walked down Thames Street with its old store fronts and cobble stone streets. In the early morning you can capture shot without cars lining the streets in the business district. I always look for reflections in storefront windows and I loved this charming scene with the bicycle, the cobblestones, the textures of the bricks and the funny distorted reflection in the large shop window.
Capture: 6x6 Processed:  Painteresque: ImageBlender: Crop'n'Frame
As we continued to walk the streets the restaurant windows gave us more image opportunities.
And toward the end of the day I spotted the doggie window at the Daily Grind. What a treat for us to capture some moments...
And  Fells Point hosts a fair amount of the city's saloons, a throw back to its maritime history. This sign was perfect for a shot!

I have just a couple seats left for this Saturdays iPhone workshop at Horizons Photography Workshops in Chesapeake City, Md. I hope you can join me for a fun day of learning about the iPhone's image capabilities and the fabulous apps for processing!

No comments:

Post a Comment