Friday, October 28, 2011

New York, New York~Apps 6x6: Noir: Big Lens; Crop'n'Frame

I love New York!!!! even in the rain!!!
Yesterday, I had 8 students in a rainy, cool New York City for a street photography workshop. It presented some great shooting opportunities with wet streets, reflections and umbrellas. Awesome! I don't usually carry my big camera when I do street workshops with students so that I am free to assist when needed, but I do carry my iPhone which I find helps me communicate shooting opportunities for students, they can easily see what I see by looking at a shot I made on the iPhone and breaking it down for them.






 The night before I had surfed for some new apps I wanted to try and was really happy to find 6x6 a full res square format shooting app. I was also happy to try out a new selective focus app Big Lens. Both apps, I am happy to say have found a permanent place in my shooting routine as I just really enjoyed both of them.





 I was soooo tempted to do HDR work with bracket mode, but I kept my commitment to myself to only shoot with 6x6. Sometimes I do that with my big camera too. It really forces you as a photographer to see things differently and become a better photographer. I chose the app "Noir" to add some vignette effects as well as toning the images. I enjoy creating series works and so all of these images were processed with a series in mind. I finished all the images with Crop'n'Frame. 

11 comments:

  1. no comments???
    That's ridiculous.
    Here's one: You stand alone in iPhone-land, kiddo. Superb vision, technique, app-lications. Always inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, An extremely wonderful compliment from a master of photography! Thanks Tony ... Made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the New York series and how you stuck to your vision. Just extraordinary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Lynette for leaving such a wonderful comment! So very much appreciated
    from such a talented photography yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful work as usual. Thank you so much for sharing your techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this post. I enjoy your work and i want more people to see it. That's why i have put it in Scoop even if it's a bit out off the focus post there. Hope you like it. You can see it here:
    http://www.scoop.it/t/machinimania/p/645811869/karen-messick-iphone-adventures-new-york-new-york-apps-6x6-noir-big-lens-crop-n-frame

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love taking pictures with my iPhone and I'm always looking for new ideas. Thank you Karen for sharing your pictures!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These r eye catching - You do really good work, can't wait to see more... Thank You, & these r shots from an iPhone - Amazing....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks safegaard..thats a very interesting site!! Appreciate the PR. Thank you Santiago, you are welcome! Devine~ yes the iPhone is amazing, so many funs apps to work with! Thanks again everyone for leaving your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! This is really great street photography! Im a photographer from Panama. Im writing a blog about street photography, Id like to include some of your pics as examples and editorials if that is ok with you of course... My website is www.pachosanchez.com and my blog is blog.pachosanchez.com. Please reply to pacho21@hotmail.com as my server is down. Thanx!

    ReplyDelete