Thursday, March 31, 2011

Valley Frame and Fine Art: Many different apps and layers

Three layered images with all images shot in "Hipstamatic" layers blended in "Juxtaposer" and texture applied in "Iris" and "PhotoForge" with a touch of "Rays" to add some more light in the lamp.
Last night I gave a 2 hour presentation on composition, light and creativity in photography...at Penn Camera in Tyson's Corner. I had a full class of photographers anxious to learn; How fun is that! I added a few iPhone images just before the presentation and the group was amazed, as I am, every time I make pictures with this technology.

The group of iPhone created and processed images you see here, were made at Valley Framing and Fine Art in Maryland. "Valley" has been in business for three decades. I first came to "Valley" when I was traveling to and from New York for business. I was purchasing some old Vanity Fair prints and some French Fashion prints from the Old Print Shop. Each time I traveled I always stopped into the Old Print Shop to look at what they had in stock. I wanted a quality framing for them and Valley Framing was the place I took my prints to for fabulous framing, that worked with the prints and my home decor.

My friend Annette, I met at Valley and over the years we have developed a wonderful friendship. I even got her to join the Baltimore Camera Club! She shares a love for the Delaware beaches, the Maryland countryside, art, photography, and cars. I was there the other day just dropping in to say hi as I was in the area. She has home decor items there as well and I enjoy their style. So before I left I wandered around the shop making some images on the fly. This weekend I am heading to the beach to open up the beach house and get ready for my beach workshop next weekend....its not too late to sign up if you want a weekend get away.......check it out here for details and registration:
http://blog.karenlmessickphotography.com/p/delaware-photo-ramble-and-workshop_19.html
Captured with iCameraHDR "PicGrunger" and "Iris" added texture
Hipstamatic Salvador Lens Dream Canvas Film
The "Real Gold Frames"
Repeat post from my "Rays" post but also made in the Valley Frame and Fine Art shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment