Saturday, January 8, 2011

Hipsatmatic: iDroste: Percolator


All right, today's post is reminiscent of Pop Art. I made this shot using some water bottles at Starbucks while I was waiting for my Latte. It was made with the Hipstamatic App set to: Bettie XL Lens: Alfred Infrared Film: and Dreampop Flash. This is the straight shot out of the iPhone. I didn't know what I was going to do with it when I shot it but I liked the symmetry of the displayed bottles and the light coming through them.
Having enjoyed the effects of a border on an image in the app iDroste I thought I would run this image through that app and see what I could come up with. So I came up with a few fun patterns like these:
While I liked the pattern but I did not like that the water bottle was still recognizable, so I put the image through the Percolator app, because I thought the style of Percolator fit the image potential. 

This is the original image run through Percolator. Now that I had what I wanted, I decided to try iDroste again to see what I could come up with..

And I landed here! Whimsical. 

I used the app Diptic to put some samples in a frame like this to show some of the many variations:

No comments:

Post a Comment