Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Imagination and Creativity and the iPhone Apps:LensLight:ClassicPAN:ScratchCam

Imagine: a Ferris Wheel in the Starry blue sky of nightfall? So high in the sky you can capture and put the stars in you hand.
In the past week several friends and blog viewers have used the word "imagination" in regard to my work and processes. I agree I use imagination...I am constantly saying to myself when I process and make images..."What if".....asking that question requires one to tap into the imagination....This sparked my curiosity and I began to explore the word imagination. I found this article at SuccessConsciousness.  Here is a brief clip of the opening article:

"Imagination is the ability to form a mental image of something that is not perceived through the senses. It is the ability of the mind to build mental scenes, objects or events that do not exist, are not present or have happened in the past. Memory is actually a manifestation of imagination. Everyone possesses some imagination ability. In some it may be highly developed and in others it may manifest in a weaker form. It manifests in various degrees in various people.
Imagination makes it possible to experience a whole world inside the mind. It gives the ability to look at any situation from a different point of view, and enables one to mentally explore the past and the future."

I think this is right on! "Imagination is a creative power that is necessary for inventing an instrument, designing a dress or a building, painting a picture or writing a book."  Imagination is critical when using the iPhone and its apps to create an image! So a little day dreaming...a little nurturing and let your imagination flow....read more on imagination at Wikipedia...or the many books written on Imagination...

I found a quote by Albert Einstein on Imagination which I enjoyed when I read it.

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world". ~ Albert Einstein

And another one from Kahlil Gibran

When I began to draw and paint, I did not say to myself, "Behold Kahlil Gibran. There are ahead of you so many ways to art: The classic, the modern, the symbolistic, the impressionistic, and others. Choose for yourself one of them." I did nothing of the sort. I simply found my pen and brush, quite of themselves, recording symbols of my thoughts, emotions, and fancies. Some think the business of art to be a mere imitation of nature. But Nature is far too great and too subtle to be successfully imitated. No artist can ever reproduce even the least of Nature's surpassing creations and miracles. Besides, what profit is there in imitating Nature when she is so open and so accessible to all who see and hear? The business of art is rather to understand Nature and to reveal her meanings to those unable to understand. It is to convey the soul of a tree rather than to produce a fruitful likeness of the tree. It is to reveal the conscience of the sea, not to portray so many foaming waves or so much blue water. The mission of art is to bring out the unfamiliar from the most familiar.~ Khalil Gibran
 
Please do not in any way think I could remotely compare myself to Einstein of Gibran, I just loved their point of view!
So imagination is a good thing!!! in balance. Imagine!!! Create, Play! The iPhone inspires me to do all of these things!

1 comment:

  1. I finally get it! Thanks for the great quotes and relating them to apps on photos on an iPhone.

    ReplyDelete